Monday 17 January 2011

Brief digression... TLC was wrong!

This might not have anything to do with my traveling adventures. Or maybe it has everything to do with them. I haven't decided yet. Either way, I want to share.

The other night as I was laying (or is it lying?) on a couch, trying to fall asleep when a thought popped into my head: TLC was wrong!

Those of you who know me and my taste in TV may be thinking that I'm referring to their song "No Scrubs." And fair enough, a life without that witty sitcom is a life I don't want to know. But that's not the bone I have to pick with the group.

As I layed there that song Waterfalls randomly came to me and I started singing to my myself... Don't go chasing waterfalls, just stick to the rivers and the lakes that you're used to... Those are the only lines I know so I just repeated those lines a couple times until it hit me.

Don't go chasing waterfalls, just stick to the rivers... Wait, no... No! That's bull! Chase waterfalls! Chase chase chase! Why should I stick to what I know--what I'm familiar with? I'm tired of lakes and rivers. I've never seen a waterfall and gosh dangit I just might want to go look for one! What are you gonna do about that, TLC?

Hmm, I think I just decided: everything.

3 comments:

  1. The Thames pic is awesome. Props to you for doing what I had (and still) hoped to. Enjoying the blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I definitely thought you meant the TV station TLC instead of the group... ha.

    And BTW- there are PLENTY of waterfalls in Boone :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah John apart from the major lack of (American) football knowledge, I think you'd really like it over here. Turn that hope into reality when you get the chance

    ReplyDelete